Saturday, May 8, 2010

5/8/2010 - Honor Guard

It is late... I feel as though I have neglected the opportunity to share my thoughts. It has been a very busy few weeks since I last wrote. I and Shannon are packing tonight in order to be on the road early in the morning {mothers day} for Boise. Honor Guard training starts on Monday morning. I was selected to be a part of the first fire honor guard with the NPS. I think it will be a wonderful way in order to give back and honor the lives of those lost to this industry. We are so lucky to live close to my parents. Mom is planning on watching the boys, allowing Shannon to travel with me to Boise. It will be a great opportunity for Shannon to research the town a little closer than we have in the past. After putting in for the position with AMD (Training and Development Specialist), we have been looking at real estate. It is probably a bad idea to get our hopes up about a position... but it may be too late, my heart is set on getting the job.

Tomorrow will be a long 10 hours of driving... it will be a good time for me and Shannon to spend a little quality time without someone from the back seat interupting or grabbing attention in a frustrating manner. I am looking forward to the week.

It is also the start of the season for my seasonal crewmembers. I will miss the first week, however this is a great opportunity for the leads to step up and create a foundation for gaining the trust of their new fellow crewmembers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.